Saturday 15 March 2008

CAMPING WITH A PLASTERED ARM





Cinque Terre, NW Italy

Now that I have some strength in the fingers of my right hand, and I have trained my left, I have re-learned some simple tasks. Tying shoe laces, shaving, using the cooker signing my name and brushing my teeth. Although the up and down motion of teeth brushing with the other hand took a week for me to become around 50% efficient at. The one thing I have failed to do is wash my left armpit. My left arm will not bend back far enough to wash it completely and my rigid right arm misses by 6 inches. Luckily people have been very helpful, pizzas arrive pre-cut and shopping gets packed up for me. On the campsite a young German woman sympathised and asked if there was anything they could do to help. She seemed so keen to assist and although I didn't want to disappoint her, I managed to resist mentioning my arm pit cleansing problem.

The photo below is of my arm decorated by Wendy to give a complete overview of the Cinque Terre.

No comments: